About Me

My photo
I’m married (for the 2nd time) just over a year now. I have 3 children ages 21, 17 & 16 as well as a daughter who is 21 years old from my husband’s previous marriage (not a typo) and recently married so I am now a mother-in-law as well. I think it’s great!! All my love to both of them!!! As long as they wait to have children until he is out of the Army! I’m also a Nursing student in my 2nd year of school. I’m seriously considering a change in my major to Nutrition. Much as I want to be a Nurse, I think becoming a Nutritionist may be the avenue I choose. I am fluent in American Sign Language and speak Italian as well. I also love the outdoors, camping, hiking, riding motorcycles with my husband, and the beach are among a few. I hate the cold but I love snowball fights with my family. I enjoy crochet of all kinds, but there’s something about the detail when it is done with crochet thread that I especially love. I try to spend as much time as I can enjoying life and what it has to offer.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Where did Reiki Come From?

Where did or does Reiki come from?

Dr. Mikao Usui was a master teacher who had studied many faiths. In fact many faiths have tried to claim him. He says that he belongs to all for when you have true enlightenment you are at source where all is one. It is taught that Dr. Usui learned Reiki from Buddhist Monks (some believe that Jesus also learned his healing methods from Buddhist Monks). He defined the practice and gave it a more specific direction as he was directed by his visions or guides, as Reiki opens you to your guides as well. He spent the rest of his life healing and helping people. By the time of his death he had made 16-18 people Masters. One of them Hayashi, attuned Hawayo Takata who was one of the first known women Reiki Masters. Before her death in 1980 she attuned 22 Masters who have helped to spread the teachings of Reiki throughout the world.

Basically Reiki is an energy that is passed or taught much like the game of telephone. That is why from teacher to teacher the methods may vary or different things may be taught. It is very important that you have complete trust in your teacher so that you can be opened to receive the energy freely. You will feel a flowing sensation often combined with a warmth or heat (Mark 16.18) when receiving Reiki.

What are the effects or qualities of Reiki?

It vitalizes your body and soul, balances your body's energy, loosens blocks and promotes total relaxation, cleans out toxins, it adjusts itself to fit the need of the recipient, it is a holistic method that helps the body's natural ability to heal, and it can also be used on plants or animals.


Reiki can also be used to charge or bless your food, or used to clear and charge crystals. (We'll get to this a little later.) Reiki will open you to the love from source and allow you to feel the subtle unity between yourself and the universe.


Reiki can open Karmic processing, sometimes very subtly and other times not so subtle. It releases held emotions and helps you to move forward on your spiritual path.

No comments:

Post a Comment