About Me

My photo
I’m married (for the 2nd time) just over a year now. I have 3 children ages 21, 17 & 16 as well as a daughter who is 21 years old from my husband’s previous marriage (not a typo) and recently married so I am now a mother-in-law as well. I think it’s great!! All my love to both of them!!! As long as they wait to have children until he is out of the Army! I’m also a Nursing student in my 2nd year of school. I’m seriously considering a change in my major to Nutrition. Much as I want to be a Nurse, I think becoming a Nutritionist may be the avenue I choose. I am fluent in American Sign Language and speak Italian as well. I also love the outdoors, camping, hiking, riding motorcycles with my husband, and the beach are among a few. I hate the cold but I love snowball fights with my family. I enjoy crochet of all kinds, but there’s something about the detail when it is done with crochet thread that I especially love. I try to spend as much time as I can enjoying life and what it has to offer.

Friday, July 24, 2009

FOR MY MOM

A Mother's Love

Always were you there for me
Never seeing anything but good
You cared for me when I was hurt
And wiped the tears away
Unceasingly there to offer advice
To guide me when I went astray
The love unconditionally that you gave
Always there when I needed you
I knew that from the time that I was young
And now that I have grown
You and I have become close friends
A friendship that I cherish
I know the wonders that you feel
When watching your children grow
As I too am a Mother
And I now know the joy it brings
To watch a piece of you live on
Bringing delight to others
As they grow older
I fear how it will be
When the time has come to let them go
To become what I am now
I know the simple joys of parenthood
And the fears that we all feel
Will I be ready when my time comes
To accept they are no longer children
To let them go and live their lives
I hope and pray
That I will have been able
To give them the gift that you have given me
A love strong enough
To hold them in my heart
Yet let my children grow completely
To become adults
And pass that love to theirs.


Jeanine D.
23rd March, 1998


This was a poem I wrote for my mom quite a few years ago and recently came across it again. I thought it might be nice for her to see it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment