About Me

My photo
I’m married (for the 2nd time) just over a year now. I have 3 children ages 21, 17 & 16 as well as a daughter who is 21 years old from my husband’s previous marriage (not a typo) and recently married so I am now a mother-in-law as well. I think it’s great!! All my love to both of them!!! As long as they wait to have children until he is out of the Army! I’m also a Nursing student in my 2nd year of school. I’m seriously considering a change in my major to Nutrition. Much as I want to be a Nurse, I think becoming a Nutritionist may be the avenue I choose. I am fluent in American Sign Language and speak Italian as well. I also love the outdoors, camping, hiking, riding motorcycles with my husband, and the beach are among a few. I hate the cold but I love snowball fights with my family. I enjoy crochet of all kinds, but there’s something about the detail when it is done with crochet thread that I especially love. I try to spend as much time as I can enjoying life and what it has to offer.

Friday, July 24, 2009

Reiki & Mainstream Medicine

Reiki has progressively made its way into Mainstream Medicine in the last ten years. We now see Doctors and Nurses applying Reiki before surgeries, while women are in labor, and in many other situations.

Reiki has become more and more widely accepted and it has been shown that when used alongside traditional medicine, rather then choosing one or the other, it works best for the patient. Doctors whose patients have been given Reiki sessions prior to surgery find that they heal faster and with less complications.

Are we seeing a trend here? I don’t think so. Reiki isn’t a fad. Reiki is in fact a 2,000+ year old healing technique that dates back to the origins of our planet.

Traditional Reiki is taught in degrees or levels. Reiki I, II and III or the Master/Teacher level. Reiki level I was at one time taught to all children in school at around the kindergarten level, or between the ages of five and seven. Level II was taught at about the ages of ten to twelve years of age. The Teacher/Master level was taught to those in the Medical and Teaching fields.

Once you are attuned - the process of passing on to the student the ability to access Reiki energy - it is with you always. Reiki becomes a part of you down to the cellular level.


No comments:

Post a Comment